Well the forcast said rain this afternoon, but sure enough it's raining now. Since we're at work, you may wonder why I care that it's raining. Well, we're having a new deck built! Finally, after 6 1/2 years living in our townhouse we're haing a new deck built that includes stairs down to our "yard." I am SO excited for this project! Many of you may remember the partial deck collapse a few years back that my dad, grandpa and Nathan shored up with some 2x4's. Nathan removed the 2x4's the other night and boy, if you jumped up and down out there you would have brought the whole thing down. The project began on Monday - when our contractor, Arafat, tore down the old deck. He wasn't supposed to tear it down until Tuesday, but he got the permit early, so he called me at work. He said, "I wanted to let you know, please do not go out your back door with the baby, the deck is gone and you'll fall a long way." I almost started laughing, and wondering why he called because who wouldn't notice a big hole where the deck was. Well, actually that'd be me and my new "mommy brain." On maternity leave, I once left the house without shoes, so falling to the ground where the old deck was wouldn't have been too out of the question. Hopefully someday I will get my old brain back. I think the official name is "momnesia," I read an article in the USA Today a few weeks ago about it.
The storms look like they're on their way north...hope everyone stays safe. No word from Mom and Dad - or the Frey's...they must be having a great time on their cruise. They called Saturday afternoon as they got on the boat, and said it was sunny and in the 80's and they were enjoying a coctail by the pool.
Spring begins tomorrow - we have buds on our trees, and some are beginning to blossom. Julia has her 9 month check up tonight - so I'll post her "stats" tomorrow. She finished her last dose of antibiotic this morning - so glad that's over!
Must Have bags of Summer 2017
9 years ago
1 comment:
Julia is so beautiful! I'm so excited that you have a blog...now I can feel connected to you and the family! I'm glad everything is going well and I can't wait to see your new deck!
Post a Comment